Stripe - beehiiv automation using make

I have a question regarding the integration of Stripe with Beehiiv. When users subscribe via Stripe, they provide their full name.

I’m trying to figure out how to split this full name into first and last names and then use these as custom fields in Beehiiv for each subscriber.

Could you guide me on how to properly achieve this? Any advice on whether this requires scripting on the Stripe side, or if Beehiiv has built-in functionality to handle this scenario, would be incredibly helpful.

Thanks a lot!

Welcome to the Make community!

Assuming the first word of the full name is the first name, and the second word of the full name is the last name,

You can use the built-in function split

e.g.:

split(full_name; {{space}})

Then, in name fields, you can use the built-in function map

e.g.:

map(array; 1) — will return the first word

map(array; 2) — will return the second word

Screenshot_2024-03-22_230343

For more information, see

Links

Here are some useful links and guides you can use to learn more on how to use the Make platform, apps, and app modules. I found these useful when I was learning Make, and hope they might benefit you too —

General

Help Center Basics

• Mapping – What is mapping? What can I map? ← CHECK THIS OUT
  • Mapping with arrays – How to map items in an array ← CHECK THIS OUT
2 Likes

Hi, it still doesn’t work

Oh sorry, wrong placement of the numbers 1 and 2. I just fixed it but still, it still doesn’t get the first name and full name correctly, it just separated the word “full name”.

What I want to achieve is to split and have the Full name/cardholder name provided in stripe be separated so I can add the first name and last name custom fields in Beehiiv

What do you mean by this? Please provide screenshots.

What do you mean by this? Please provide examples.

1 Like