Struggling to get some values by mapping that are a collection inside of an array, while others are an array inside of an array

I’m trying to update some values and push them into Airtable, but I’m really struggling to properly map/get the value.

I’m trying to get the 4 values pictured below, highlighted in red. Nothing crazy, I just want to push the values into separate Airtable fields.

No matter what I do I either get an error or a blank value. I’ve been reading documentation and I’m not sure what I’m doing wrong. I’ve tried so many different variations of this:

Do I need to add another step? What am I missing? Thank you!

Use map to get the collection’s value by key/path, then first to extract the value:

Screenshot_2023-12-12_091253

Screenshot_2023-12-12_091236

Output
Screenshot_2023-12-12_091209

To learn more about map + (get/first), see Using get() and map() functions

If you want to learn more about Make, you can read up in the Help Center. I also recommend doing the tutorials in the Make Academy, and learn advanced skills like how to make custom apps to any API in the Make Partner Training Portal - both have certificates for successful completion.

2 Likes

Thanks so much! This has saved me hours, and this little point in the right direction helped me get all my fields working (see below)

Thank you!

I’m struggling again getting one value, I just want to push the value underlined in red and nothing seems to work

Welcome to the Make community!

Please provide the output bundles of the module [10] by running the scenario, then click the white speech bubble on the top-right of each module, save the bundle contents in your text editor as a bundle.json file, and upload it here into this discussion thread.
Screenshot_2023-10-06_141025

Providing the output bundles will allow others to replicate what is going on in the scenario even if they do not use the external service.

This will allow others to better assist you. Thanks!

2 Likes

Sure thing!

Bundle.json (3.8 KB)

You can use

{{10.array.1.order_items.1.name}}

Copy and replace your field content with this.

Screenshot_2023-12-15_141220

2 Likes

Thank you! This worked perfectly :slight_smile:

No problem, glad I could help!

In future, please create a new thread for each question. This makes it easier for others with the same problem to search for the answer. Thank you for your cooperation!

1 Like