Summarizing output of records

I’ve got a connection that returns a series of records (bundles). Let’s say they’re something like this:

What I want to do is iterate through these records, and end up sending an email to each unique email address with all the “Descriptions” from their records. So:

email1@google.com receives an email with:
This is the first one
This is the fourth one

email2@google.com receives an email with:
This is the second one
This is the third one
This is the fifth one

Is there a way I can do this with built-in Make functions? Or do I need to use something like CustomJS to process and return a new array to iterate on?

Welcome to the Make community!

You can use a Text Aggregator module with “Group By” field set to the email address variable.

3 Likes

Thank you! I’m proud to say that I had found my way to that answer myself in the hour since I posted :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Follow-up question:

I added a Text Aggregator with Group By, and then an Iterator to go through and process the results. But I’d like at that point to be able to refer to other common values from those groups (e.g. the name of the person in addition to their email). I thought maybe I could group by an array to access those discrete values in my final steps, but that didn’t work, although maybe I don’t know how to use the array functions. Any thoughts?

Maybe there’s a better way, but I did get it to work by using multiple fields separated by commas, then using get() and split() to access the values in my final steps.