Telegram Bot Error "bot can't initiate conversation with a user"

Hello fellow Makers!

Telegram added a new feature to their business accounts that allows to connect Bots to personal accounts.

I was testing the feature and almost completed the bot, however, I faced a problem I couldn`t solve.

Interesting, that the setting that could be an issue is actually OK (turned on).

Has anybody already solved this? Or it is a Telegram bug?

Any information would be helpful!

Hi @alinam1,

Are you testing in a conversation where there was an interaction with you (or your bot) in the previous 24 hours? I’m assuming yes, but just in case.

L

Sure :point_down:

Hello,

how did you configure the “chatID” in your module?

I tried to reply to my user and it worked.

Benjamin

Here is what it looks like.

I get the message to my business account (personal one but with a business subscription) where the bot is on.

Chat ID received as a Business Message Chat ID (check screenshot 2).

There were also interesting moments, where I got the message to my business account, but the sender got a response through the bot in another chat :laughing: (screenshot below)

Here are the bot’s settings, but there is nothing special here.

You seem to do what needs to be done… by chance, could it be that you have two connections and didn’t select the correct one?

I wish it was so easy, but unfortunately it is not… :sweat_smile:

Checked everything so many times and tried different methods, but after all I think it is just Telegram have some bugs with their new feature. I tried connecting Manychat to this TG bot and actually there was no message in response, meaning that there is an error.

If you have any information about this issue in the near future, please let me know, Benjamin. Thank you for your support; I hope we will solve this soon.

1 Like

Hey! I spent several hours working on the same issue. I also thought that it was a Make bug, but in reality, it was a stupid mistake from my end: in the first telegram module (watch updates) I used one connection, while in the last telegram module (send a message) I used another one (Make didn’t use the last used one automatically and I didn’t check that). As a result, the last module doesn’t have right to send messages to this user.

I changed a telegram connection (Imgur: The magic of the Internet) for the second module and it worked!

I hope that it will help you too

2 Likes

Hey @Kirill_Zheleznov ! I really appreciate you took the time to answer this.

Moreover, it was a very interesting take, because I also paid no attention to it.

Unfortunately, it didn`t solve my problem and the problem I mentioned before occurred (quoted below).

As I see on the screen, you most probably trying to answer the user from the bot chat. I personally try to answer from my personal chat, using the feature available for “business account”. Gives the possibility to make a bot work in your personal chat for example in the chat with your friend.

But anyway many thanks to you. If you have any more info, please attach it here :+1:

Anyone found the solution to this?

I’m still having the error on this. :sweat_smile:

1 Like