Toggle 'Do Not Disturb' in Google Voice using Make

Hi - I’ve been using Make to automate some file upload processes and it works great! I have a bit of an odd project to try to get Make to automate something that has been bugging me for years now. :slight_smile:

I use Google Voice for my business, which operates 10A-5P ET Monday through Friday. Previously, Google allowed you to set time of day controls to send all calls received outside of business hours directly to voicemail, preventing my phone from ringing when it shouldn’t. A few years back, someone decided to “improve” Voice by removing that function. The only way to now accomplish this is manually opening Google Voice, clicking a menu button, and then hitting the Do Not Disturb button. When it’s time for business hours, I’d need to do the same process to allow calls through. I’m lazy and forgetful, so this isn’t a good option.

I don’t see a Google Voice API on Google Cloud, and am at a loss on how to have Make open a website and push a button at specific times of the day. I’ve considered a basic macro recorder to do this (and perhaps that’s the right option), but as I already subscribe to Make and like the way it works - particulary scheduling - I’d prefer to do it within this environment if possible.

I’ve attached a pic of the button that needs to be pushed 2x/day. :slight_smile: Anyone have any experience integrating Google Voice into Make, and/or have thoughts on how (or if) this could be accomplished?

Thanks!

Jay

Untitled

Welcome to the Make community!

As there’s no Google Voice API, there’s no way to do this automatically.

What you could try is use Tasker and Tasker AutoInput to click the button(s) on your phone for you.

2 Likes

Thanks samliew! I have an iPhone, and unfortunately it doesn’t look like there’s a Tasker app compatible with IOS. I’ve tried goofing around with Shortcuts, but again am running into limitations on the phone. I can toggle the button on/off via a web browser so am trying to setup a scheduled macro to do so, but it seems less than reliable. Ideally was hoping to utilize Make, but doesn’t sound like that’s going to be possible.

Thanks!

Jason