Transcribe Podcast Episodes

Hello everyone! I’m new to using Make and don’t have a background in computer science, so I find this area a bit overwhelming. My goal is to automate as many tasks as possible in both my personal and professional life.

I’m currently putting together my first workflow, which involves the following steps: it should trigger when a new episode of my favorite podcasts is released on YouTube or Spotify, transcribe the episode, use ChatGPT to take concise notes, and then save those notes to Reflect.AI.

Could anyone guide me through setting this up? Thank youI

Welcome to the Make community!

You cannot do this without lots of work. I suggest trying something simpler first with other services.

• YouTube does not have an integration on Make
  • Spotify does not have a “Watch New Podcasts” trigger or “Search Podcasts” search module

Make doesn’t have an integration for these third-party services for this particular endpoint.

If the external service has a Developer API Reference/Documentation then you should be able to integrate the endpoints in Make using the app’s universal module (Make an API call) or generic HTTP “Make a request” module.

If the external service allows you to register webhooks, then you can create a trigger to wait for incoming webhook requests in Make using the generic Webhook “Custom webhook” module.

You can also suggest for it to be made in the Idea exchange. Don’t forget to search for it first, just in case someone already suggested it, so that you don’t end up creating a duplicate.
Screenshot_2024-01-17_130153

If you need assistance in setting up the app’s universal module, or the generic HTTP module, or Custom Webhook module, please provide additional information about what you have tried with regards to the external service’s Developer API Reference – how you are setting the connection up, a link to the endpoint are you trying to connect to, and what errors you are encountering.

2 Likes

Thank you @samliew! A lot of new concepts there. I will look into each of your suggestions. What sets Make apart from IFTTT, Zapier, etc? I haven’t tried them either - Make was the most cost-effective option.

You’ve answered your own question :slight_smile:

Make is really the most cost-effective option*.

*only if you know how to optimize your scenarios to use the least amount of modules/operations to get the job done

1 Like

Hi @bert

We are certified Make (integromat) Expert & Gold Partner of Make.

Please check our YouTube custom App here to integrate with Make.com:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3kP571Pclpc

Here’s the link to our product page:

If you require additional assistance, please don’t hesitate to reach out to us.
MSquare Support
Visit us here
Youtube Channel

1 Like

Are you sure this is the right suggestion? Can you please provide a short explanation of how it can be used to retrieve new podcast episodes from a user’s followed podcasts?

1 Like

Hi @samliew @bert

Yes It is possible with our custom app. podcasts are videos technically.

Here’s the demonstration:

If you require additional assistance, please don’t hesitate to reach out to us.
MSquare Support
Visit us here
Youtube Channel

2 Likes

The video really helps. I appreciate the time spent to record and patiently explain how to set up your custom app!

1 Like