Turning nested line items into selectable elements

I am working with orders coming in from Shopify. For each order, there are multiple products (Line Items), and each product has multiple additional fields (Properties). All of the field names have a prefix for name, and all the user input values have the prefix of value. Here’s a screenshot from a test order within Make:

As a test, I used a couple of iterators, I was able to loop through and stamp them into a Google Sheet. However, I am now trying to parse it out so that each field (anything after a “name:”) can be selected as its own element.

The iterator only allows a selection of either name: or value:, but I’d trying to grab First Name, Last Name, Email, etc.

Is this possible at all?

Iterate on name and you’ll get the values you’re looking for.

2 Likes

Thanks @alex.newpath

I am able to iterate on the name and the value itself, by using 3 Iterators. One for Line Items, then Properties, then Name/Value. However, the “value” of the Name field is what I actually want to select.

On that step, you can see it says “Name: Personal Message”, “Value: epersonal”. If I looped through it, there would also be others like “Name: First Name”, “Name: City”, “Name: Zip Code”. I need to be able to turn Personal Message/First Name/City etc into its own field so that I can select it for mapping.

Well I’m confused. If you map the Name field from the iterator you’ll get the value personal message/first name etc at the value from the mapping.

@alex.newpath Yes, the Name field from the iterator does contain the proper values. However, I want the actual “value” of the Name field so I can choose what to map specifically.
I may want to map First Name to one place, City to another place, Zip to another place, etc. If I only have a Name field to choose from, I can only put it in one spot.

I may be getting close with the Set Variable tool:

The problem I’m running into now is that I have to set and define each variable, instead of having it automatically loop through and define each variable depending on how many there are.

If you use the MAP function you can select the name and lower the complexity. As well as set the prefix even dynamically.

Here some help.
https://www.make.com/en/help/mapping/mapping

If you need to build an array switcher, can recommend 1SaaS. There you can store a defined JSON and switch based on KEY:VALUES.

1 Like

Thanks @Wemakefuture, I’ll look into that mapping function.

Is it possible to turn output bundle collections into selectable variables?
In this iterator example:

The output is laying out both the field name and field values perfectly, but the next Set Variable step only is able to choose a single Value from the iteration output, instead of all of them.

Just try it please - I couldn’t really follow what you mean with your last message. Feel free to post an example when getting stuck.