Use brackets in the string of the body of a HTTP request/custom app

Hello,
There is an API call that I try to write in the HTTP module or in a custom app but it doesn’t work either way. The issue is that the body includes {{sample}} that would need to stay as text but Make would interpet it as a variable either in the HTTP module or custom app. Is there a way for the system to understand that it should be text and not a variable ? It works perfectly fine in postman as in the screen :

The documentation of the API is here and the call is add a webhook. HousingAnywhere API Documentation

I couldn’t see {{sample}} anywhere in the screenshot you provided.

Perhaps you can use the replace function to convert something else into curly brackets.

replace(replace("[[abc]]"; "["; "{"); "]"; "}")

This will replace [[abc]] into {{abc}}

2 Likes

Yes {{sample}} is {{$.BookingStartDate}} (and all the others) in the screenshot.

Good idea, i’ll try

You can also try making a custom IML function to do that instead of using two replace.

e.g.:

convertBrackets(MyJson)

2 Likes

Ok I finally solved this.

I was having a hard time to use IML functions in a custom app. I did not use the custom IML as I need to contact Make to activate it.

This is my solution :
In the custom app

When run :

Thanks for the help

3 Likes

Hello there @Alexandre_Inukai :wave:

It is amazing to hear that you were able to solve your troubles with the help of @samliew.

Thank you so much for keeping the community organized and updating us on your progress. We truly appreciate it. :pray:

Keep up the awesome work!

1 Like