Validation failed for 2 parameter(s)

I am a newbie to MAKE. I spent the whole day to resolve this issue:

Validation failed for 2 parameter(s).

Missing value of required parameter ‘fileName’.

Missing value of required parameter ‘fileData’.

Can someone advise me the values to go in the above fields, please!

This error occurs when data is not in the correct format. Check if the Filename and Data fields are mapped correctly to this module.

1 Like

Hi @Asim_Malik

Welcome to community.

This error is mainly due to an invalid value with the mapped variable. Parameters like fileName and FileData may not be in the required format or supporting data in the OpenAI module. Please confirm the type of data that is supported in the OpenAI module.

If you require additional assistance, please don’t hesitate to reach out to us.
MSquare Support
Visit us here
Youtube Channel

2 Likes

Welcome to the Make community!

1. Screenshots of module fields and filters

Please share screenshots of relevant module fields and filters in question? It would really help other community members to see what you’re looking at.

You can upload images here using the Upload icon in the text editor:
Screenshot_2023-10-07_111039

2. Scenario blueprint

Please export the scenario blueprint file to allow others to view the mappings and settings. At the bottom of the scenario editor, you can click on the three dots to find the Export Blueprint menu item.

Screenshot_2023-08-24_230826
(Note: Exporting your scenario will not include private information or keys to your connections)

Uploading it here will look like this:

blueprint.json (12.3 KB)

3. And most importantly, Output bundles

Please provide the output bundles of the modules by running the scenario, then click the white speech bubble on the top-right of each module and select “Download output bundles”.
Screenshot_2023-10-06_141025

A.

Save the bundle contents in your text editor as a bundle.txt file, and upload it here into this discussion thread.

Uploading it here will look like this:

bundle.txt (12.3 KB)

B.

If you are unable to upload files on this forum, alternatively you can paste the formatted output bundle in this manner:

• Either add three backticks ``` before and after the code, like this:

```
    input/output bundle content goes here
    ```

• Or use the format code button in the editor:
    Screenshot_2023-10-02_191027

Providing the output bundles will allow others to replicate what is going on in the scenario even if they do not use the external service.

Following these steps will allow others to assist you here. Thanks!

2 Likes

Thanks for offering support. I have spent full day to work out but got no where. Unless scanario (whisper1 module) is run green, I can not progress anyfurther.
As I am newbie and not familiar with coding, can someone give me an idiot guide, please!

Hi @Asim_Malik Can you provide a screenshot of your OpenAI module settings?
Something like this:

2 Likes

Hi @Asim_Malik, you have not provided any of the requested information yet.

1 Like

This is the file I am trying to send to whisper1

Here is the screenshot

Hi samliew (Solution Institution)

Here is the screenshot in response to your querry

[
    null
]

This the response I receive when click on output bundles

Looks like you are not mapping any file data into your OpenAI module.

You need to use OneDrive “Download a file” module to get the File Data first.

Screenshot_2024-01-22_220157

2 Likes

Thanks for giving me right direction. How do I do it? Please step by step guide.

I presume you want me to tick this button in Open AI Module. But on my computer, this button is not showing up at all above the Map button.
How to get it sowing up, please???

1. Put the “Download a File” module after your “Watch Files/Folders” module

2. In the “Download a File” module, map the File ID from the “Watch Files/Folders” module

3. Run the scenario again

4. Open the OpenAI module settings and select the downloaded file

2 Likes

Hi samliew

Please advise what will go here. What is the source for completing these parameters?

Kind regards

You have to run the full scenario, you can’t really run a single module when files are involved.

2 Likes

When I click the button “Run once”, the process does not go beyond first module “Google Drive - Watch Files in Folder”.

If I run the individual modules, all four pass through but the middle one returns error.

@Asim_Malik
Are you encountering any error in the first module when you run the whole scenario ?

1 Like

That is because your trigger is a polling trigger. Turn on the scenario and actually change/upload a new file to your watched folder.

Then the next time your scenario runs, it will pick up the new file.

2 Likes