Add products to Shopify cart

Hello!

Is there a way to add products to the Shopify cart using Make?
It is not the same as a draft order, I tried this already but this is not showing in the cart of the website.

To clarify, the cart is this:

And after running the automation, I would like to have the cart filled like this:

Thank you for your help!

Welcome to the Make community!

Make doesn’t have a module for this particular endpoint (create cart and add items to cart).

If the external service has a Developer API Reference/Documentation then you should be able to integrate the endpoints in Make using the app’s universal module (Make an API call) or generic HTTP “Make a request” module.

You can also suggest for it to be made in the Idea exchange. Don’t forget to search for it first, just in case someone already suggested it, so that you don’t end up creating a duplicate.
Screenshot_2024-01-17_130153

If you need assistance in setting up the app’s universal module, or the generic HTTP module, please provide additional information about what you have tried with regards to the external service’s Developer API Reference – how you are setting the connection up, a link to the endpoint are you trying to connect to, and what errors you are encountering.

You can also complete this brand new course/tutorial in the Make Academy on how to use external APIs — API calls with HTTP modules

• API and Endpoints
  • Header and body
  • Multipart/form-data
  • OAuth 2.0

samliew – request private consultation

Join the Make unofficial Discord server!

2 Likes

Thank you for your reply. I was already afraid there was no module for this.

I will take a look at your suggestions and also check the documentation on Shopify’s end.

It took me a few days, but I managed to get it working. If somebody wants to create this too, and can’t get it to work, send me a message.

Shopify is changing its API to Storefront Cart API - this is very important to know. This is the URL with more information: Migrate your app.

I made use of the HTTP module instead of the Shopify API module. This discussion helped me a lot: Crafting a GraphQL Query - #2 by vendy. The comment of @jtraderj especially, many thanks for this!

This is how he did it:

3 Likes

Hey there @Blockje :wave:

Congratulations on getting the ball rolling and solving this with the help of @samliew! :soccer:

Thank you for coming back to us with the final solution. This way you’re keeping our community neat and tidy and other members can easily search for your solution!

2 Likes