Aggregator running each iteration separately instead of combining into one

I am trying to get overdue task names from Notion, iterate them through a text parser, then aggregate all overdue task name strings into one message, which will be sent to Slack.

Example Slack message format:

Here are the overdue tasks for this week:

• Task 1: Overdue
  • Task 2: Overdue
  • Task 3: Overdue
  • Task 4: Overdue
  • Task 5: Overdue
  • Task 6: Overdue

However, when the iterator iterates 6 separate tasks, they go into the aggregator module one by one, making it run 6 times, instead of waiting for all 6 tasks, then combining into one.

Am I missing something here? feel like I am using these tools incorrectly. Let me know if my issue is unclear.

May peace be upon you @advmt

Can you share a screenshot of the configurations of Iterator and Text parser module?

2 Likes

Hi @advmt

Welcome to make community.

Verify the “Source Module” field in the text aggregator; this field dictates the data that will be aggregated.

If you require additional assistance, please don’t hesitate to reach out to us.
MSquare Support
Visit us here
Youtube Channel

3 Likes

Welcome to the Make community!

Your Source Module should be set to the module that generates more than one bundle, in your case it should be the Array Iterator, not Text parser.

If you want to learn more about Make, you can read up in the Help Center. I also recommend doing the tutorials in the Make Academy, and learn advanced skills like how to make custom apps to any API in the Make Partner Training Portal - both have certificates for successful completion.

3 Likes

this fixed it thank you

thank you this fixed it

No problem, glad I could help!

2 Likes