Airtable batch update api call

dear Make Community,

I have an airtable module that search for records, which has more than 10 output bundles, after i am using the aggregate to json module to merge them into an array, which i then need to bulk update them with the airtable api call.

unfortunately the airtable api only allows to update 10 records at a time, if my array contains e.g. 11 records the api call wont work out

i am now looking for a dynamic way to create as many unique arrays with the json module as there are records divided by 10

example:

airtable - 23 bundles being outputted (1 operation)
json - create 3 unique arrays (23 / 10 = 2.3, when ceiling this value = 3) (3 operations)
airtable - making 3 bulk update calls since thats the amount of arrays we have

is there any possibility of grouping the airtable module 1 bundles into a group of 10s?

is a repeater maybe able to help me out with this?

hope the issue is clear and someone is able to help me, thanks in advance!

kind regards,
karim :slight_smile:

If you want to split them into groups of 10 (or any number really), you should be using an array aggregator first.

Once it becomes a JSON string, you can’t split the data any further.

2 Likes

can you explain that more in detail please?

For further assistance, please provide the following:

1. Screenshots of module fields and filters

Please share screenshots of relevant module fields and filters in question? It would really help other community members to see what you’re looking at.

You can upload images here using the Upload icon in the text editor:
Screenshot_2023-10-07_111039

2. Scenario blueprint

Please export the scenario blueprint file to allow others to view the mappings and settings. At the bottom of the scenario editor, you can click on the three dots to find the Export Blueprint menu item.

Screenshot_2023-08-24_230826
(Note: Exporting your scenario will not include private information or keys to your connections)

Uploading it here will look like this:

blueprint.json (12.3 KB)

3. And most importantly, Output bundles

Please provide the output bundles of the modules by running the scenario, then click the white speech bubble on the top-right of each module and select “Download output bundles”.
Screenshot_2023-10-06_141025

A.

Save the bundle contents in your text editor as a bundle.txt file, and upload it here into this discussion thread.

Uploading it here will look like this:

bundle.txt (12.3 KB)

B.

If you are unable to upload files on this forum, alternatively you can paste the formatted output bundle in this manner:

• Either add three backticks ``` before and after the code, like this:

```
    input/output bundle content goes here
    ```

• Or use the format code button in the editor:
    Screenshot_2023-10-02_191027

Providing the output bundles will allow others to replicate what is going on in the scenario even if they do not use the external service.

Following these steps will allow others to assist you here. Thanks!

2 Likes

9airtable.json (3.8 KB)
12json.json (1.4 KB)
7airtable.json (125 Bytes)
blueprint (7).json (23.7 KB)

here you go, thanks in advance

:slight_smile: Could you help me out with that maybe, that would be really amazing

And if you dont mind i also have another question, can i also scrape website with ScrapeNinja if its a website that requires a log in for example?

I want to scrape the date behind this interface and paste it into a google sheets module

Thanks in advance, karim!

Hello Karim,

In your search record , you can use the airtable query with variables inside that will group your 10 records (you have to define the logic), and loop this search module to run for each 10 different records using for example an iterator sharing the variables for your query search.

2 Likes

Hi, thanks for getting back to me.

Could you please clarify this? To be honest I don’t really get your point

Is this what you were referring to?

You can try to find a logic using that formula field to filter you records and get small portion of your table. the module before will iterate and send a variable in that formula allowing you to split your table with 10 record max.
Example add a new column in AT “index” , integer incremented in each row 1 to xx.
and use a AT formula searching records when {index} is between x to y
x and y are you variables changing for each operation from your previous module iterating

1 Like