Airtable - multiple linked/primary fields syntax for updating record

Hi All,

I am having frustrations with Airtable linked fields.

I have an airtable base with links between the primary field in one table repeated as a secondary field in other tables…

I have been able to get a single linked record to appear using a make scenario but haven’t had any luck updating/creating a record with several primary field records. The above have been entered manually.

I have a Plant/facility Info table which has all the information about each plant/facility. This links to an Invoices table. For each invoice I may have mutiple plants/sites covered by that invoice.

I can get the raw data from a Pipedrive deal in text format “Site 1, Site 2, Site 3” - I then need to search in airtable for the records to get the record ID for each Site. I think I have this ok.

But how do I get the record Ids all into a single field into another table and get airtable to recognise these? What is the correct syntax in Airtable’s “Update a Record” Module?

Thanks in advance guys!

Does anyone have any suggestions?

What I understand is you have multiple linked fields in a single text field and you want to pass it to the airtable record so that It can identity as a linked coloum just like you shared the screenshot above for test Number coloum. Which have multiple link fields.
Let me know if I get it right?

2 Likes

Thanks for replying! That is correct :grinning:

Sounds good.
I hope all values in a text is combined by comma, e.g 12222,727727,627727,526
So you goto airtable update module and you can click on Map and down it use the function
split(string;,)

This will make string into array and map all of them

2 Likes

Ok - thanks so much I will give this a go! :+1:

2 Likes