An unknown error has occurred. (1, OAuthException) - Facebook

Hello everyone,

I just tested a scenario with Facebook Page, and it worked.

Without having touched anything, it doesn’t work anymore.

I reconnected, checked the connection, but still the same error.
CleanShot 2023-10-18 at 18.06.26

Is it a problem with Make / Facebook or with my scenario?

Thanks

Hi Jox,

The error only indicates that it is a connection issue, but does not provide details on what the OAuth error is.

You might need to get new API client and secret tokens for your connection.

If you have the Make DevTool Chrome extension installed, you should be able to view the request and response headers and body, including errors from each module when you manually run the scenario.

From the Help Center article about the Make DevTool:

Make DevTool allows you to debug your Make scenarios in a completely new way. It adds an extra pane to the Chrome Developer Tools. Using this new debugger pane, you’re able to check all the manual runs of your scenario, review all the performed operations and see the details of every API call performed. It also brings a whole bunch of new opportunities for Apps development. You’re able to check every call that your app has performed. Thanks to this extension, you can easily debug your scenario, see which module, operation, even which single response causes the error, and then get your scenario back on track. Try it out and let your scenarios shine!

For more information on how to install and use this, see https://www.make.com/en/help/scenarios/integromat-devtool

1 Like

CleanShot 2023-10-18 at 18.44.09
Without touching anything, it works again :smirk:

What did you do to resolve it? same problem here

From the discussion above, This looks like intermittent server issues on Facebook’s end.

You might want to add some error handling to your modules to handle exceptions from external services, so the failing module can automatically be retried.

For more information, see:

2 Likes