Array Aggregator's Aggregated values show "Value" instead of expected list of items

Hello Makers,
I’m trying to process the data from an API . This data looks pretty the same than a Json structure I have successfully :facepunch: processed but the Array Aggregator’s Aggregated values show “Value” instead of expected list of items… :face_with_diagonal_mouth:

The process that works : :sweat_smile:
1.Get from Json a list of Bundles :
Output :
Bundle 1 collection with items (id, userid)
Bundle 2 collection with items (id, userid)
Bundle 3 collection with items (id, userid)

2.Array aggregator to group all bundles in tables grouped by userid :
Output :
Bundle 1 collection
array of collection [(id, userid), (id, userid), …) with samed userid
Bundle 2 collection
array of collection [(id, userid), (id, userid), …) with samed userid

The process that DOES Not work : :face_with_diagonal_mouth:
1.Get from API a table() :
Output :
Bundle 1 is a collection with a table of collection items (id, userid)

1. Use an Iterator to get a list of bundles :
    a list of Bundles :
    Output :
    Bundle 1 collection with items (id, userid) + Bundle order position + Total number of bundles
    Bundle 2 collection with items (id, userid) + Bundle order position + Total number of bundles
    Bundle 3 collection with items (id, userid) + Bundle order position + Total number of bundles

So here I would say, that apart from having 2 new items in the bundles (+ Bundle order position + Total number of bundles), I would expect to be quite in line with the Step 2 of the working scenario… don’t you ? :roll_eyes:

BUT

When I add step 3 with an Array aggregator to group all bundles in tables grouped by userid :

I just can’t :sob: : Aggregated fields show me only 3 possibilities : VALUE + Bundle order position + Total number of bundles . I don’t find (id, userid)…

I have only one week of Make :blush:, so I may not understand something.

Do you see how to solve this issue ? it’s now 2 days… I’m on it…

Thanks in advance

@Pascal1 please provide us some screenshots. Thanks!

Yes, sure @SebastianMertens :

This is the case that works :

You can see that the output of the Json parser is a list of bundles :

And then no difficulty to aggregate into an array:

This is the case that DOES NOT WORK :

I Set a variable to data :: items - this is a table

Then the array aggrgator does not show the items of the array but only Total number of values, Bundle order positiin, VALUE :

Hello answer would be appreciated ?

@Pascal1 can you run it once, save the interface and reload the scenario/page?

Hello @SebastianMertens : Thank you for the hint :
I did 1) run 2) save 3) reload web page (F5 on Chrome) : same. The list of aggragated fields from the Iterator[63] is still [Total number of bundles], [Bundle order position] & [Value] not the list of fields of the items (id, location…)

I suspect that it is because : the items array is a collection of items that are sometime also a collection (thing). Can it be ?
I can not simplify the GraphQL API, but maybe I can create my own array flatten… removing the sub collections… But don’t know how to do ?

Firstly, A humble request:

This is a volunteer community forum, not a helpdesk.
Please respect that while you are here. My initial instinct was to delete my response after “registering” this, I have left my original response below…

My Method of navigating aggregator quirks

I only use array aggregators in very specific circumstances.

Not exposing variables without certain scenario prerequisites is an intentional design decision, per the :make: make/integromat documentation.

My catchall/universal aggregator is usually not the “basic Array Aggregator” but actually is the Text Aggregator or CSV Aggregator

I then use a combination of: split /get / map / toArray / toCollection encasing the "text/string variable" in the next module that needs to use the restructured data.

hopefully this sparks some ideas for you XD

Hello JugaadiTech, thank you for the 2 parts of your message. I appreciate both. I understand the volunteer aspect. It’s true that getting stuck for days make me mad.
So your not deleted part is even more appreciated :slight_smile:

1 Like

Easy solution would be to use a JSON aggregator instead and then a Parse JSON module after and that should let you map the variables

(Disclaimer: I have read very quickly through this thread so may have not understood your issue correctly)

2 Likes

I love seeing this! Thanks to both of you for helping keep the Make Community a civil and friendly space :blush:

1 Like