Audit module field usage

Hi

I now have 150+ scenarios, many of which have Airtable modules. I am doing some Airtable restructuring and am nervous about knock on effects. Is there a way I can extract from each scenario, or from across my account, field usage data within the module? Like assume module A updates three fields, field X, field Y and field Z. Knowing this, when i restructure Airtable I can take precautions around field Z for example.

Many thx

Ian

You can use the Make API to list all scenarios, and get the blueprint of each.

This allows you to see the raw names of the fields you are mapping.

Screenshot_2024-02-14_210253

Or you can manually download the blueprints.

2 Likes

That’s brill samilew, TY.
Thx
Ian

No problem, glad I could help!

1. If you have a new question in the future, please start a new thread. This makes it easier for others with the same problem to search for the answers to specific questions, and you are more likely to receive help since newer questions are monitored closely.

2. The Make Community guidelines encourages users to try to mark helpful replies as solutions to help keep the Community organized.

This marks the topic as solved, so that:

others can save time when catching up with the latest activity here, and

• allows others to quickly jump to the solution if they come across the same problem

To do this, simply click the checkbox at the bottom of the post that answers your question:
Screenshot_2023-10-04_161049

3. Don’t forget to like and bookmark this topic so you can get back to it easily in future!

Cracked it thx. I have the scenario as described, how do i now view from the blueprint the module field usage?

Annnnnd now you see why we use Set Variables after most Airtable Finds or Updates. Only need to update schema changes in one place. Remember to always Open/Refresh & Run the existing Airtable Modules THEN fix the variable references (airtable fields) as needed. Socks before shoes.

Open your blueprint in Sublime Text or similar code-friendly editor and you will see the patterns where Airtable Fields are actually referenced vs just returned w/ Find/Update operations.

I also advise never checking the Select Fields checkboxes in Find Module and only using a View there if you abs have to.

2 Likes

Thank you both for your input just padding to get 20 characters derr…