BARСODES IMAGE transparent background problem

I’m currently utilizing the BARCODES module to generate a QR code which is saved as a PNG file. My subsequent step involves converting this PNG into a JPG format using the IMAGE module. However, I’ve hit a snag: the original PNG is generated with a transparent background, and when I use the IMAGE module for conversion, it defaults the transparency to black. This results in a QR code that’s obscured by a solid black background.

Does anyone know if there’s a way to set the background to white either in the BARCODES or the IMAGE module during this process? Any advice or workaround to maintain the QR code against a white background through the conversion would be greatly appreciated!

Welcome to the Make community!

Which service are you currently using to convert the image to jpg?

The Image “Convert a Format” module uses a black background.

You should try the CloudConvert app instead, which uses a white background.

Original image

api-bwipjs.metafloor

Output image

converted

It would be nice if we can select the output background of the Image “Convert a Format” module, so we don’t have to use an external service. I’m sure others would agree that this is a nice feature to have.

You can submit this suggestion to the Idea exchange, under App improvement ideas.

Don’t forget to search for it first, just in case someone already suggested it, so that you don’t end up creating a duplicate.
Screenshot_2024-01-17_130153

2 Likes