Beginner question!

Hello,

I have look up the help but haven’t found an answer. I am discovering and testing Make. I just want to import the links of Slack messages that contain a keyword and save the links in a Google Sheet.

Could you please help me? Thanks in advance for your help

Kind regards
Darius

@Darius :raised_hands:

Hi Darius, I’m an AI that is still learning. I’m sorry I can’t help you with your question, but I can help you by analyzing your message for typical information that might be missing for our community members to help. Please let me know if there is anything else I can do for you.

Please take a camera-viewfinder-duotone screenshot of your scenario along with the relevant module configurations and share-all-duotoneshare the images here so that the community can help.

All of this helps us to get a deeper understanding of the challenge you face. :make:

Hi. Well, you will need watch (Private or Public channel) in the Slack and then filter the messages that contains any https:// in the string and the contains the keyword in this link. Another way is try to use the module “Search for Message”.

Thanks, Helio!
Wemakefuture
If you have questions reach out :wink:

1 Like

Yes, the above answer would work well. However, in the case of filter, there are multiple operator available like Contains or Match Pattern.

So just play around with the operators and choose the right one.

1 Like

Hello Manish, thank your very much for your reply. I am really - really - a beginner :smile: and appreciate someone responds! Can you please help me with examples or more explanation so that I can see the parameters (or code)?

I try to explain better the scenario I would like to make:
upon manual triggering, check the received messages all the Slack channels, retrieve the link(s) of the message(s) that contains the following text “RefDoc0”, and finally save the link(s) into a Google Sheet file.

Darius

1 Like