Boolean true/false mapping issue

Hey, I’m trying to map the result of a VAT check (Vies API) to a database. There is some unexpected behaviour: Although the value comes as “false”, the Boolean fiels is always set to “true”.
I’ve added the value to a text field, and it states the “false” values correctly. What am I doing wrong?

Mapping:

Output from the previous field (Vies API VAT check):
Screenshot 2024-06-05 no 001667

How it is handled:
Screenshot 2024-06-05 no 001668
The “Message” field shows the correct “false” value. But the VAT Check Approved boolean field shows a “true”. :exploding_head:

Welcome to the Make community!

You didn’t provide a full screenshot of the output bundle.

Please provide the output bundles of the module [5] by running the scenario (or get from the scenario History tab), then click the white speech bubble on the top-right of each module and select “Download input/output bundles”.
Screenshot_2023-10-06_141025

A.

Save each bundle contents in your text editor as a bundle.txt file, and upload it here into this discussion thread.

Uploading them here will look like this:

module-1-output-bundle.txt (12.3 KB)

B.

If you are unable to upload files on this forum, alternatively you can paste the formatted bundles in this manner:

• Either add three backticks ``` before and after the code, like this:

```
    input/output bundle content goes here
    ```

• Or use the format code button in the editor:
    Screenshot_2023-10-02_191027

Providing the input/output bundles will allow others to replicate what is going on in the scenario even if they do not use the external service.

This will allow others to better assist you. Thanks!

samliewrequest private consultation

Join the unofficial Make Discord server to chat with other makers!

1 Like

Here’s the requested files:
module-5-vat-output.txt (855 Bytes)
datastore-input.txt (674 Bytes)

As I suspected, there are two arrays.

You can either click on this

Screenshot_2024-06-05_180644

or do this

Screenshot_2024-06-05_180610

For more information, see “Mapping with arrays” below:

Here are some useful links and guides you can use to learn more on how to use the Make platform, apps, and app modules. I found these useful when I was learning Make, and hope they might benefit you too —

General

Help Center Basics

Articles & Videos

samliewrequest private consultation

Join the unofficial Make Discord server to chat with other makers!

1 Like

Thanks for your suggestion. Unfortunatelly, this did not lead to a solution yet. I tried the “clicking on [1]” part already before, and it did not lead to a solution, sorry for not mentioning it. I also now did a test with the first(map()) solution – also, not successfull.

All three of them lead to the right value (false) in a text field, none of them leads to the Boolean field being set to false.

New test Output:
module-5-vat-new-output.txt (855 Bytes)

New mapping, input and result:

datastore-new-input.txt (714 Bytes)

Any additional ideas?

Okay, I think I got it – there seems to be a difference between the Vies VAT true/false and a boolean true/false.

This if condition fixed it:

4 Likes

Hello @stfn :wave:

Just wanted to pat you and @samliew on the back for the great job you did while resolving your problem.

Thanks for keeping us updated and sharing the solution with us! :pray:

1 Like