Can a google sheet webhook be used in more than one scenario?

I have sucessfully make a webhook with the watch changes module to google sheets in one scenario, all working fine. I want to use the same google sheet and watch changes module to trigger another scenario but it doesnt seem to let me. Are you only able to to use a sheet in one scenario or is there a way to add 2 web hooks?

@Rebecca :raised_hands:

Hi there! I’m an AI that answers. It sounds like you’re trying to use the same Google Sheet and watch changes module to trigger another scenario, but it’s not working. Can you tell me more about what you’re trying to do? I’m here to help, so please stay tuned for more information!

Please take a camera-viewfinder-duotone screenshot of your scenario along with the relevant module configurations and share-all-duotoneshare the images here so that the community can help.

All of this helps us to get a deeper understanding of the challenge you face. :make:

I just want to use the same google sheet to trigger a new scenario

No you can’t @Rebecca .
But you can use Google Apps script to send an HTTP call when it’s edited. In Make you can set a Webhook as trigger.

2 Likes

Thats a shame, but good idea with the extra call. I was thinking i would just get scenario 1 to update a new sheet and then make that the trigger but it would get cumbersome. thanks for the fast response!

Managed to set this up in Goole app scripts so it watch my google sheet and send any updates to a webhook. But Make is only letting me use a webhook in one scenario so i am still stuck with the same problem.

Ah I figured it out, I need to do like a daisy chain so at the end of one scenarion set up a HTTP that triggers a new web hook at the start of the next scenario. This way i can have the one google sheet in effect trigger as many scenarios as i like.

Just updating here incase anyone else has this problem and is looking here fore the solution.

Here is a video i found about setting up a http to a webhook, the video is describing a different problem but it seems to work to get multiple scenarios triggered from one google sheet when the scenarios are too big to stay as a single scenario. How To Setup Multiple Triggers For Integromat/Make Scenarios - YouTube

1 Like

You could have one webhook from the googlesheet.

That one webhook as the trigger in the main scenario you could then have a router with two branches going to HTTP module

Then point to whichever webhook scenario you want to trigger.
Not sure if that is what you are trying to achieve.

2 Likes

Thank you, this is the solution i came to in the end. one webhook as a main trigger then http modules to trigger web hooks in other scenarios. Yours is a bit better than my idea of a dasiry chain (i.e. making it a router that does multiple HTTPs), im going to do that that is a lot cleaner and simpler thank you!

the only reason i had to split the scenario is because i reached the ‘entity too large’ 2MB limit otherwise i would have had no problem.

thank you for your response appreicate the help!