Can I cancel a Calendly event?

Hi there,

Make doesn’t offer a native Calendly module for canceling a Calendly event.

However, Calendly does offer the ability to cancel an event through their API.

So I was trying to use Make’s “Calendly Make An API Call” module to cancel the event.

However, Calendly is looking for the UUID of the event.

When my Calendly event was originally scheduled through Make, Calendly never returned a UUID.

When my Calendly event was originally scheduled through Make, Calendly returned a URI, but that is not being recognized by Calendly’s API as a UUID.

How can I find the UUID of the scheduled event, so that I can cancel this event through the API?

Thank you!

Hey @ScottWorld - I put together a super simple workflow to show what it looks like to get that UUID and cancel an event.

Here is the high level workflow. I basically search for an event (you don’t need to do this, I just did it to be able to get an event URI).

The Event URI is anything that comes after the last slash in scheduled events

That said, to actually be able to use that to cancel an event, you need to isolate that using something like the text parser in make. This pattern scheduled_events/([^']+) should isolate just the UUID of the scheduled event for you.

Then, last but not least, the Calendly API call that cancels the event.

Hopefully this helps and if you have any questions about how to do any of this or a specific workflow, just let me know!

1 Like

Hi @workflowsy,

Thank you so much for your detailed response with screenshots! :slight_smile:

Unfortunately, I was unable to extract the UUID using the REGEX formula that you provided.

However, the good news is that I seem to have found another way to extract the UUID — by using this native Make function:

{{get(split(1.Uri; "/"); 4)}}

Yet the Calendly “Cancel Event” API call still returns an error message to me.

Do you have any insights as to why this might be? I’ve attached some screenshots below:

1 Like

It appears like this is a bug in how Make is forming its API calls to Calendly, because the exact same API call in both Postman and on Calendly’s API site are working 100% perfectly.

It’s only when using Make’s “Calendly - Make An API Call” module does the error pop up.

@vendy @Michaela I’ve opened a support ticket on this problem — can this please be escalated to the Make engineers who are working on the Calendly modules?

Thank you!
Scott

I just realized that I can workaround this bug by using Make’s generic “HTTP — Make An API Call” module, but it would be great if Make could fix the Calendly modules!

Also, while we’re on the topic, it would be totally awesome if Make could create a native “Cancel an Event” module for Calendly (and support more of Calendly’s API, in general).

@vendy @Michaela

@vendy @Michaela

I have created definitive proof of this Calendly bug in Make.

Please see the screenshot below.

The 1st router path always results in an error message, because Make is sending an incorrect API call to Calendly.

However, when I manually create the exact same API call to Calendly in the 2nd router path, it works perfectly.

I have sent this information to the Make Support Team, and I have sent them the link to this scenario run… can you please help me to escalate this?

Thank you!

Can you share the scenario blueprint with these two routes?

Hello @ScottWorld :wave:

It’s great to hear that you opened a ticket regarding this issue. Our support team has all the tools to properly investigate this and, if necessary, escalate it to our developers. Please feel free to continue the conversation in your ticket. :pray:

I’m sure many other users would benefit from having a dedicated “Cancel and Event” Calendly module! I see that you’ve already submitted your idea to our Idea Exchange, which is fantastic.

I’m including a link to your suggestion here so that other community members can potentially upvote :point_right: Calendly - Cancel Event.

1 Like

Hey Scott! Really glad you got it all working! If you run into any additional issues with calendly or in general, feel free to let me know. Always happy to help!