How can I specify in MAKE that only users who booked from a particular event in calendly should move forward

so I noticed that any person who books an appointment from any event type gets added into my CRM, I only want people who book from a specific event type to be added there, which module should I use to get that data, and what filters should I set.

I have attached output from the calendly watch events module

You can set a filter so that only certain events get processed.

If the JSON you posted doesn’t include enough information to filter on, you can grab the last value (URI) and pass it to the Calendly module “Get An Event” to learn the Event Type name, Event date and time, etc.

2 Likes

The event value in the output bundle is the link that should output more event serials from get event. Although you may need to parse out the event ID first or just use http module to get more details on the event.

1 Like

I don’t know how to extract the event ID from the get event, can you tell me how with visual examples, it would really help.
Thanks

Hey Paul, the Get an event is not giving me the event name
Here is the Get an event output for reference, please let me know how I can get it

Fahad, you need to invoke two calls to Make. One to get the event (the “appointment”) and another to get information about the event (including the name).

Here’s the beginning of a scenario I use, which takes a webhook from Calendly in order to do some reporting:

The second Make module is “Get an Event Type”, and it passes just one parameter: the URI returned from the first call. Here are the results from Get an Event Type, showing the event name:

Good luck,
Paul

1 Like

thank you so much man, I used the scheduling link as a filter, that worked but am I doing anything wrong by using it?

I don’t think there is anything wrong, as long as that URI remains fixed. It should remain fixed unless you make a change to the event type, then the link could also change.

My personal feeling is that it is safer and more self-documenting to make the second call and use the Event Name, but that’s your choice.