Cannot get the Markdown or HTML format to post correctly on WordPress

I have an automation set up using Airtable, Make and OpenAI to create a blog post and image. All of the works perfect.

Once the blog post is final, I am taking it from Airtable and posting it to WordPress in draft.

This also works currently, even brings in the featured image, excerpt etc. So no issues there.

Now in the Airtable workflow I have it create the final version of the content in markdown format so it has the H2, H3, etc already done.

But when it brings it into WordPress it loses it. I’ve tried to add a Markdown to HTML widget before the WordPress module and after and it doesn’t work. It’s also not giving me any errors to troubleshoot it.

Anyone have any ideas?

1 Like

HI @Audra_Carpenter

To solve your issue, we request you try the OpenAI module “Create a Completion” to create HTML format with header tags.

You need to provide the user, system and assistant properly in the module to get the desired output.

Regards,
Msquare Automation - Gold Partner of Make

Book a Free Consultation | Connect Live

Explore our YouTube Channel for valuable insights and updates!

To be able to troubleshoot why the Markdown to HTML module isn’t working, please provide the following:

1. Screenshots of module fields and filters

Please share screenshots of relevant module fields and filters in question? It would really help other community members to see what you’re looking at.

You can upload images here using the Upload icon in the text editor:

2. Scenario blueprint

Please export the scenario blueprint file to allow others to view the mappings and settings. At the bottom of the scenario editor, you can click on the three dots to find the Export Blueprint menu item.

(Note: Exporting your scenario will not include private information or keys to your connections)

Uploading it here will look like this:

blueprint.json (12.3 KB)

3. And most importantly, Input/Output bundles

Please provide the input and output bundles of the trigger/iterator/aggregator modules by running the scenario (or get from the scenario History tab), then click the white speech bubble on the top-right of each module and select “Download input/output bundles”.

A.

Save each bundle contents in your text editor as a bundle.txt file, and upload it here into this discussion thread.

Uploading them here will look like this:

module-1-output-bundle.txt (12.3 KB)

B.

If you are unable to upload files on this forum, alternatively you can paste the formatted bundles in this manner:

• Either add three backticks ``` before and after the code, like this:

```
    input/output bundle content goes here
    ```

• Or use the format code button in the editor:

Providing the input/output bundles will allow others to replicate what is going on in the scenario even if they do not use the external service.

Following these steps will allow others to assist you here. Thanks!

samliew – request private consultation

Join the Make Fans Discord server to chat with other makers!