I’m facing a challenge integrating Google Ads optimized conversions via MAKE. My goal is to send emails and phone numbers in SHA-256 format, but I’m getting an “invalid parameter” error. When I input the email directly (without SHA-256), the system accepts it but returns ‘null’. I’ve tried various solutions, including seeking help from MAKE support and ChatGPT, but have yet to resolve it.
Please share screenshots of relevant module fields and filters in question? It would really help other community members to see what you’re looking at.
You can upload images here using the Upload icon in the text editor:
2. Scenario blueprint
Please export the scenario blueprint file to allow others to view the mappings and settings. At the bottom of the scenario editor, you can click on the three dots to find the Export Blueprint menu item.
(Note: Exporting your scenario will not include private information or keys to your connections)
Thank you for your response. To format the email and phone number in SHA-256, I’m using the SHA-256 function provided in the Make platform. I have already prepared the scenario blueprint in JSON format, which details my current setup and the issues I’m encountering. I’m attaching it here for your review.
Looking forward to your insights or suggestions on resolving these issues.
Thank you very much for your willingness to assist. I’m encountering a specific issue with the SHA-256 function as recommended by MAKE’s documentation. When I format the email and phone number using SHA-256, I receive an error indicating an “invalid parameter.” However, if I use the email address without SHA-256 encoding, the system accepts it but returns a ‘null’ response. I’m preparing some screenshots to illustrate these issues in more detail.
From what you mentioned, the request goes through successfully when you don’t use the hash function, and is invalid when you use the hashing function — This seems like the hashing is already done in the module’s backend before sending it to Google, and doing your own hashing makes it a double hash which is invalid.
It might actually be a bug in the module, if “null” is returned from the external service.
For quicker assistance with technical issues like these, you may want to contact support directly. They have access to your scenario logs, and can investigate further.
Thank you for your insightful response in the Make community. Your explanation about the hashing function being possibly redundant and the potential of a module bug causing the ‘null’ response was very helpful. Based on your advice and the support team’s input, we’ve decided to follow Pavel’s suggestion from the Make support team. We appreciate your guidance and the time you took to assist us in troubleshooting this issue.
The hashing is the same and it is according to the format accepted by the Google platform. So you can directly use the email address.
Wwe are struggling with the date and time format
I would say that you should use only the “now” function without formatting, it should work just fine.
The “Uploads an enhanced conversion for leads” module is not supposed to have an output since Google is not sending any response.
Let me know should you have any further questions related to this issue. If you need help with something else, please submit a new ticket and we will get back to you promptly.
I am sending the blueprint of my scenario in JSON format. I’ve observed that using the SHA-256 function to format emails and phones results in an error in the context of Google Ads. I hope this file can provide more insights into the setup and the challenges I am facing.
I wanted to update you that the issue has not yet been resolved. I’ve made the recommended adjustments and am now waiting for Google Ads to record the conversions. If you have the correct answer or any further guidance, please share it with us. Thank you in advance for your assistance.