ClickUp Output of tags and dropdowns missing raw text

Hi there!

I’ve got a scenario that watches tasks i ClickUp and posts a report into Slack and Googe Sheets.

Problem is 3 different fields in clickup that are either tags or dropdowns. They output ID’s instead of text (e.g. be7a9c50-dfba-4f8d-ac8c-c3051f90d319 instead of Fel Antal).

I’ve kind of fixed the problem by using Tools Switch to map what ID’s mean in clear text but it’s very complex and doesnt seem to work when a task has multiple tags.

This is how one of the tag looks like when mapping it in the Google Sheets export.

Is this simply because the ClickUp module is not made correctly for tags and dropdowns or is it me missing something?

Thanks in advance!

For anyone else looking:
Found this document about collections and arrays and I think the solution is there if I can just understand it :slight_smile:

About the issue of just getting 1 of several tags I think I found the problem but not a clear solution.

There’s only two suggestions here:

  1. Leaving empty defaults to first element
  2. Putting a number e.g. 2 gets the second element
  3. No explanation about how to get ALL elements
1 Like

You’ll need to manage the content of the tag array and check it’s length. If length is more than 1 then you’ll need to iterate over the array doing the in place switching. Break down the task into multiple modules if you want with the tools.

The iterator tool is your friend.

I tried the iterator and aggregator but couldn’t make it work right.

Ended up going with this solution:
In this example I had 3 attachments and it ended up looking like this in Google Sheets:

It solves my problem in that my partner can download all attachments from the excelsheet however I’m not super happy about the solution because of:

  1. Couldnt use =HYPERLINK to make them pretty links
  2. If 0 attachments the rows still get 4 newlines tall
1 Like

Hey @TonkTonk ,

I am not completely sure what kind of data you get in the output, but most likely you can use the map() and join() functions for this. By mapping the custom field you create a new array, and then with the join() function you add them into a specific format again with a separator.
For example:

{{join(map(`1.Custom Fields.Reklamationsunderlag`; "url"); newline)}}

Hope this helps you in getting an efficient flow!