Combine output to comma separated string

Hello, I am noob in need of assistance. I have been tasked with automating contact updates to the constant contact platform. I am currently stuck on updating tags, because…you’ll see.

I am testing this with a csv file that contains two fields, email and tag name, tag names are comma separated. This is what I am attempting to do:

-Get comma separated tag names from CSV
-Get tag details using the Constant Contact API. Includes all tags in our account with tag name and tag id.
-Compare tag name from csv to tag name in constant contact and get tag id for each tag.
-Insert all tag ids in comma separate format to an api call to update tags for an email address in constant contact.

I am stuck on getting each tag ID to append to a string, like “tagid1”, “tagid2”, “tagid3”. I’m using google sheets as a test so I can see the output. I might be doing this completely wrong, but I am not a developer, I have a very basic understanding of this kind of stuff. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Screenshots:

CSV split tag names:

CSV output:

CC api output:

Filter:

This will at least add each tag id to a new row in google sheets. I have not been able to figure out a way to append each tag id in a comma separated format though. Thanks

blueprint1.json (40.5 KB)

Have you tried using the built-in function join, or use a Text Aggregator module with a comma delimiter?

2 Likes

Yes, I have tried both, but for some reason I get a blank output even when it shows there are operations. Should those options create one string when using an iterator?

Maybe this is a simpler question.

What would be the best way to compare the Value in screenshot1 to the Name in screenshot2, then output the tag_id from screenshot2 in one string, in this format: “tag_id1”,“tag_id2”

Screenshot1:

Screenshot2:

Thank you

To compare an array of values with another array of values, we cannot use the built-in functions.

You’ll have to Iterate one of the arrays, and create a filter to filter out items that are not in the second array, then aggregate back to an array.

Links

Here are some useful links and guides to help you get started and learn more on how to use the Make platform, apps, and app modules —

General

Help Center Basics

Articles & Videos

2 Likes

There is a topic on this in the community – it’s on array subtraction.

1 Like