Connecting the Gmail module to an external Gmail account via Gmail API

Hi!

I have searched high and low for an answer and can’t find anything about it, so hope that I’m not missing something very obvious!

Basically I am setting up an automation for someone using a combination of Google Sheets and Gmail. The person I’m setting it up for isn’t keen to give me his login details for Gmail and I totally get that. There must be a way of connecting to his gmail to send and watch emails through the Gmail API which would mean I don’t have to have his username and password for his whole Google Account?

Any help would be much appreciated!

Ricky

Hello @ricky,

For this you could add the modules to a scenario, save it without configuring the accounts, then have that person log in, open the scenario, then set up their accounts in the modules, and save.
The Google modules use OAuth which means you need to sign in using Google credentials.

3 Likes

This is the way. To do this you’ll need to also add the other person into your organisation and team.

2 Likes

Is there no way that it can be done without them logging in. For example could I be added as a user on their gmail account?

Delegated access only allows you to read from the inbox, not set up and authorise new connections, so no.

2 Likes