Consecutive messages in Telegram

telegram21-bot-blueprint.json (796.8 KB)

Hi there,
I’m stuck and I feel that I don’t have enough knowledge & skills to move further and any help will be greatly appreciated.
My goal is to build a Telegram chatbot for so called “marathon”:
/start > user enters to a chat > subscribes > bot sends to the chat during N-days objectives & images each day > responses are collected.
I have built automation till the step when bot has to send objectives > I can’t get my head around: How am I supposed to “switch” from collecting information about users (id, names etc) to prepared table with tasks and images?

Maybe that has to be done in a separate scenario?

4 Likes

While it theoratically is possible to do it in Make, perhaps something complex like this might be expensive to be done in Make because of the number of operations per scenario won’t allow you to scale for many users using the bot at the same time. I would suggest a service like https://buildship.com

Longer explanation:

Disclaimer: This is a “simplified” estimate - you might need more modules like if you need to download/share/convert/process images and files, parse/convert text and responses (instead of saving “raw” values), and connect with external services not shown here.

1. You’ll need a minimum of four scenarios

2. Every time you “wait” for a response, you need a new scenario so you can begin with a Webhook trigger

3. Calculation of operations per user,

4 + 6 + (7 x 21) = approx. 157

4. If you are on a paid plan with 10000 operations per month, that means you can only run this complex setup for about 60 users without buying more operations (and assuming you don’t have other scenarios, and taking into account the disclaimer)

5. Usually when we set up a complex scenario like this, you want to think of long-term automation, like make it run indefinitely for years, so you might need to think of edge-cases that may add additional modules/operations

Disclaimer: This is a “simplified” estimate - you might need more modules like if you need to download/share/convert/process images and files, parse/convert text and responses (instead of saving “raw” values), and connect with external services not shown here.

Edit: maybe you need one more module per scenario - if you want to “respond” to the user that their response has been recorded. See how much difference just an addition of a single module will effect the number of operations calculation?

5 + 6 + (9 x 21) = approx. 200

50 users.