Create a spreadsheet from a template module in Google Sheeets throwing error

Hi
I am trying to create a Google spreadsheet and add rows from Airtable. I am using my personal google mail id. I am using "create a spreadsheet from a template module " in make. Scenario diagram attached. I am getting error “Values are missing.” while trying to run this.
I created a google sheet which acts as a template which contains a header like first_name, last_name, city etc.
Objective is to create a new sheet (using this template) for every run (when there are records from Airtable) and store the new sheet in a separate folder

Please suggest how to resolve this.
Thanks
Sri

Hey @Sri , so this error means that some values which the Google Sheet module is using are not there.
What kind of mapping do you have in your “Create spreadsheet from Template” module?
Are all the required values in there?
You can click on the output icon above the module to see what kind of input/output you have

1 Like

Hi. Try send us the print screen of the mapping fields you are using. And try to show us the error details by clicking on the red icon above the module. This way the community can help you.

[image]

Thanks, Helio!
Wemakefuture
If you have questions reach out :wink:

1 Like

Hello
I am sharing the screen shot for the error message

1 Like

I am experiencing the same problem - only my template does not have any values. All I am trying to create is a duplicated nearly blank template, no dynamic text. Anyone can give any clues as to where the issue might be?

Hi, I just had the same problem.

It’s just that the Create a spreadsheet from a template FORCES you to have a tag to remplace in the template.
As yourself, I made a Google Sheet to serve as a modele, and I just want Make to use it to create exactly the same, which I can fill with new values.
But as Make thought about this first like a Google Docs template where you should indicate for example {{name}}, {{email}}, {{invoiceid}} etc to replace, the FORCE you to add… at least one.

So, add a single cell somewhere in your file with {{toto}} and fill it with the value toto and… Magic, it works ! (your whole spreadsheet will function.

Make if you’re reading this, I think you can really withdraw this “tag obligation”, as it is certainly a very powerful option but in many cases it can confuses the user (juste like it did there).

Hello there @tuttiquanti :wave:

I just wanna say thank you so much for joining our community and sharing your valuable insights on what helped solve the issue for you. We all 100% appreciate it :pray:

Also, thank you so much for the feedback! If you have any feature requests, suggestions, or further feedback, we encourage you to log them in our Idea Exchange. It’s the ideal platform for sharing your ideas and helping us improve.

@Sri @Snail I just wanted to bring your attention to this proposed solution. Feel free to explore and see if it could potentially work for you! :nerd_face: