Create array from results of multiple checks (Update multi-select field in hubspot)

I am trying to update a multi select field in hubspot. the field accepts the following array format:

[value1, value2, value, ...]

I pull the user info (from hubspot or other source), I run a bunch of checks (age, gender, location, etc)… then I want to update the multi-select field with the results from the check.

What’s the best way to do this?

I figured I would create a bunch of routes, save the info somewhere (variable? database?)

Then as the final step of the route, I would update the lead in Hubspot.

I am new to make so not sure the best way to do this. Also not sure if working with a database is hard or the best solution to this problem.

Here is a sample chart:

@AutomateMyLife does the array just provide values with no keys? If it does provide keys and values then you can map those to variables using if statements that qualify based on your criteria. Basically you would set the value if it meets it, otherwise you would make it null.

HubSpot shouldn’t update the property value if your variable that’s mapped is null. Obviously test this to confirm before turning the scenario on.

Dan Saavedra

2 Likes