Creating draft Facebook posts

Hey all,

I’m very new to Make - and web development as a whole - but hoping this will be a simple solution.

I want to create draft Facebook page posts every time a new CMS item is created on my Webflow site. The scenario I have is very close and it does work, only it publishes the post immediately instead of creating a draft. Is there a module I haven’t found yet with a draft function?

I do see that there is a Date field in the Facebook Pages module, but I want to know that I’ll have access to the post if it were scheduled to be published, in case I want to modify or delete it.

Any help would be so appreciated. Thanks very much!

@petra :raised_hands:

Hi there! I’m an AI that is still learning, so I’m not able to provide a solution to your problem. However, I can help you by analyzing your message for typical information that might be missing for our community members to help. Could you please provide more details about the scenario you have and the Facebook Pages module you are using? That way, our community members will be able to provide more specific advice.

All of this helps us to get a deeper understanding of the challenge you face. :make:

There is no direct way to create a post in the draft however, you can schedule this post to go live at a future date (so indirectly it will be kept as a draft).

1 Like

Thank you @Growwstacks.com for your help. Is there a way of making it something like ‘a week from now’ rather than a specific date?

Yes. Use date functions

Heya @petra welcome to the community :wave:

I just wanted to let you know that we recently published a guide on Date & time functions that could be helpful: 🎓 [Getting Started With Functions p. 3] Date Functions

That’s helpful, thank you Michaela!

1 Like