Creative Ways to Increase Timeout with ChatGPT?

So i’ve read that the default timeout request is around a minute, for me it seems that seems to be in the ballpark. I’m curious as to how people are running complex prompts through ChatGPT and accounting for the timeout. I’m aware that with custom apps one can simply manually increase the timeout with a bit of code, I’d love it if this can be used in the case of ChatGPT. Additionally, I’ve heard of the HTTP solution but don’t fully understand it. I love Make and this is the only thing dragging it down for me at the moment :confused:

What is your prompt like that makes the OpenAI “Create a completion” module take more than a minute to respond?

2 Likes

I appreciate the response, the prompts are for longform content creation utilizing very long instructions and very long blogs. Instructions are around 700-800 words and the prompts are likely in the same range. The output must be fairly specific and so both the instructions for the assistants and the prompts reflect that. My scenarios can usually handle them, however I have had a string of up to five failed generations. I switched to the teams plan as we are going to utilize Make due to it’s many advantages and because despite the errors the scenario eventually works. I’ve played with the idea of breaking up the sections of the required content however we are delivering our minimum viable product on Friday and would prefer a more streamlined solution that would take less “doing” so to speak.

In that case, you should take a look at this recommendation, from a similar thread:

Since we cannot edit/change the timeout on the module itself since it is a platform limitation,

You can submit this suggestion to the Idea exchange, under Platform ideas and improvements.

Don’t forget to search for it first, just in case someone already suggested it, so that you don’t end up creating a duplicate.
Screenshot_2024-01-17_130153

2 Likes

Thanks, unfortunately the quality of GPT-4 1106 is required for my purposes: GPT-3.5 just can’t compete. Ultimately, I’m just going to break the content creation up and from there prototype the best way to recombine it before final upload. Honestly not too bad, considering what I’m going to get out of it thanks for the assist.

3 Likes

Heya @JohnForrestor :blob_wave:

It’s great to hear that you found a way to set this up and that you’ll get tons of value from the solution.

Thanks a lot for sharing your thought process with the community and good luck getting this up and running :muscle:

1 Like