Custom App Example: Create an operation saving array comparison module to find the intersection, difference, or symmetrical difference of an array

Greetings! @Krutik posted a question that I thought would make a good example video for custom app development.

I put together a video that walks through how to create the custom app, including the module configuration, as well as a custom IML function to handle the comparison.

The video is 18m long, but I wanted to show how to use the module, as well as how to build it.

Here’s a link to the video: Make (Integromat) Custom App Exercise Easy and "cheap" array comparisons with custom IML functions - YouTube
If you want the custom app and the blueprint, you can snag it here: Make Custom App – Create a simple difference array comparison app - ifOnly Solutions

11 Likes

Well done @luke.ifonly_solution !

In my experience of manipulating arrays it could take 3-6 operations to accomplish what this solution does in 1. That can really add up over time.

2 Likes

You’re a total star for creating this awesome resource @luke.ifonly_solution! :star:

Thank you so much for your time, effort, and dedication; the community 100% appreciates that :pray:

@luke.ifonly_solution

Great video and explanation. It’s made me want to have a go at creating some simple custom apps.

I have lots of scenarios that I’m sure could be optimised by creating an app to reduce operations.

Thanks.

1 Like