Download a file once from GDrive and use it as attachment

I was wondering if there was a way that i could setup the google drive download a file module to download a pdf file once and use it as an attachment. Right now it re downloads the file every-time a email i sent.

This flow gets emails from a spreadsheet and is meant to download a attachment once and send it to the emails in the spreadsheet.

Welcome to the Make community!

Every result (item/re cord) from the “Watch New Rows” module will output a bundle. To “combine” them into a single structure, you’ll need to use an aggregator of some sort.

Once you have all the new rows “results” in a single array bundle, the future modules will only run once.

Aggregators are modules that accumulate multiple bundles into one single bundle. An example of a commonly-used aggregator module is the Array aggregator module. The next popular aggregator is the Text Aggregator which is very flexible and has applies to many use-cases.

Read This

The Array Aggregator module allows you to build a complex array of collections for a later module’s field to map multiple items (collections) to it.

Here is an example of using the “Target structure type” of an Array Aggregator module:

As you can see, the “Map” toggle on fields are used when you have an array. You can easily build an array variable to map to a field, by using an Array Aggregator module and select the “Target Structure Type” as the future field you want to map the array into.

This means you can create an array of recipients, that you can map into the field.

You can use the BCC field in the email module to send a single email to multiple recipients.

Screenshot_2024-06-25_200657 (2)

samliew – request private consultation

Join the Make Fans Discord server to chat with other makers!

1 Like

Thank you that helped me out allot. But now when i send a email it only send the email to the email found in the first bundle.

This is how i have setup to pull from the array:

You are meant to map the whole array, not the “Email” sub-variable/property.

Please look at my screenshot above closely and see what is circled in red.

My first screenshot also shows that you have to select the “Target structure type” field.

1 Like

Fixed it, for my case i just had to use the array iterator for the email property.

Thanks for the help.

New to using make but i can see it has a really good community

Yes, you can use one operation to send separate email per recipient. So if you have 100 users you need 100 operations to send 100 emails.

Or, you can follow my instructions and then use 1 operation to send 1 email to all the users.

1 Like