Duplicate Webflow CMS item being created -- Two Bundles?

In my current scenario I have it set to where a Form Submission triggers an update to Google Sheets (works fine) and then creates OR updates a CMS item within a collection depending on if a collection item exists already for the user submitting the form.

Depending on if the user opt’s in or not the scenario will either only create/update a CMS Item in the private directory collection (only accessible by members logged into their Webflow user account) or create/update a CMS Item in both the public and private directory collections.

Currently everything is working great except creating/updating a CMS item in the public directory collection. I followed the same steps as I did for creating/updating a CMS item the private directory collection however, when the scenario gets to the part where it needs to either create or update a CMS item in the public directory collection it is creating duplicates. I’m a bit perplexed as no duplicates are being created within the private directory.

Here are my images!

Full Scenario (Top portion is the Public Directory CMS Updates flow and Bottom portion is the Private Directory CMS Updates flow)

Initial Part of the scenario + Private Directory CMS Updates flow (no issues here)

Close up of Private Directory CMS Updates flow (no issues here)

Private Directory CMS Updates flow Filters (no issues here)
Screenshot 2023-12-28 at 9.52.42 PM
Screenshot 2023-12-28 at 9.52.49 PM

Initial Part of the scenario + Public Directory CMS Updates flow (creating duplicate)
Screenshot 2023-12-28 at 9.54.07 PM

Close up of Private Directory CMS Updates flow(creating duplicate!)
Screenshot 2023-12-28 at 11.22.10 PM

Screenshot 2023-12-28 at 11.23.14 PM

I did notice the "2"s here where the other portions of the scenario show a “1” the "2"s start showing up at the “User Doesn’t Exist” or “User Does exist” Filters.

Private Directory CMS Updates flow Filters (creating duplicate!)
Screenshot 2023-12-28 at 11.27.36 PM
Screenshot 2023-12-28 at 11.27.46 PM

Any help would be appreciated!! Thank you.

Hi @Opportune_Design_Co ,

When you use the List Items module, it will list all the items every time the module runs. List Items doesn’t work like search items and thus you might sometimes end up in a situation where you see duplication. I’d recommend updating the filter condition on the path for the List Items module.

Also, what is the limit that you have set for the module configuration?

2 Likes

Hi Jay! Thank you for your response the limit on the module is currently set at 2 and what changes would you suggest to the filter condition to avoid duplicates?

Every result (item/record) from a search/find module will output a bundle. To “combine” them into a single structure, you’ll need to use an aggregator of some sort.

Aggregators are modules that accumulate multiple bundles into one single bundle. An example of a commonly-used aggregator module is the Array aggregator module.

You are using Google Sheets “Search Rows” module, which may sometimes output more than one bundle depending on how many results were found.

You are using Webflow “List Items” module, which may sometimes output more than one bundle depending on how many results were found.

You can either limit the number of search results to 1, or if that’s not possible, use an aggregator module.

2 Likes

Glad I could help resolve your question!

1. If you have a new question in the future, please start a new thread. This makes it easier for others with the same problem to search for the answers to specific questions, and you are more likely to receive help since newer questions are monitored closely.

2. The Make Community guidelines encourages users to try to mark helpful replies as solutions to help keep the Community organized.

This marks the topic as solved, so that:

others can save time when catching up with the latest activity here, and

• allows others to quickly jump to the solution if they come across the same problem

To do this, simply click the checkbox at the bottom of the post that answers your question:
Screenshot_2023-10-04_161049

3. Don’t forget to like and bookmark this topic so you can get back to it easily in future!

Links

Here are some useful links and guides you can use to learn more on how to use the Make platform, apps, and app modules. I found these useful when I was learning Make, and hope they might benefit you too —

General

Help Center Basics

Articles & Videos

2 Likes