Dynamic Content Replacement in Email Campaign Using Brevo Module

Help Needed with Dynamic Content Replacement in Email Campaign Using Brevo Module

Hello Make.com Community,

I’m working on an automation scenario that sends an email campaign using the Brevo module, triggered by messages from a specific Discord channel. While I have set up several modules to generate and pull data (using ChatGPT for content generation and Discord for image and link retrieval), I’m encountering issues with dynamically replacing placeholders in my HTML email template.

Here are the specifics of my setup:

1. Trigger: Discord Watch Channel Messages module monitors a channel for new links related to services to be promoted.

2. Content Generation: Multiple ChatGPT modules generate the email’s title, subheadings, and service descriptions.

3. Email Template: Utilizes HTML blocks with placeholders formatted as {{ params.title }}, {{ params.subheading }}, etc.

4. Problem: Despite using the “Create an Email Campaign” module in Brevo to use the template, the placeholders are not being updated when the campaign is created. They remain unchanged as if the dynamic data isn’t being passed correctly.

I have tried changing the placeholder format and ensured that the placeholders match the variable names defined in the scenario settings. However, the issue persists, and the placeholders are not replaced with the generated content.

Could anyone provide insights or point out what I might be missing in my setup? Any advice on how to ensure that the data from the ChatGPT modules correctly replaces the placeholders in the Brevo email template would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance for your help!

Hey,

i have created today a scenario with Brevo and Templates. In Make you need to define the parameter for Brevo and pass it in the request.
You need to activate “show adcanced settings” → “Params” → Name = Variable name | Value = Content

In Brevo Template you can access the variable in this format {{ params.VariableName }}

If this not resolve your issue, then check in the Template for “verbatim”. this is extra to not use it like a variable and print the content with {{ content }}.

Let me know if it help you to resolve the issue.

King regards
Jamie

2 Likes