Empty PDF uploaded from Google Drive to Airtable

Hey Makers :wave:

I’m facing a problem with uploading a PDF from Google Slides or better from Google Drive. I’ve seen a couple of posts about it. Unfortunately, I wasn’t able to solve the problem.

I have create an automation that creates a Presentation from a template:

After the automation runs through it only creates an empty PDF.
Here is how it’s set up:

The good news is, that it creates a PDF file in my GDrive folder. In Airtable it’s empty though.

I tried the “Web content link” as well. Doesn’t work.
Do you have any hint for me?

Welcome to the Make community!

- Can you verify that module 29 actually creates the presentation?

- Can you verify that module 56 downloads the PDF?

You might want to disconnect all the modules, and test each one by one to see if they output the correct result

1. Scenario blueprint

Please export the scenario blueprint file to allow others to view the mappings and settings. At the bottom of the scenario editor, you can click on the three dots to find the Export Blueprint menu item.

Screenshot_2023-08-24_230826
(Note: Exporting your scenario will not include private information or keys to your connections)

Uploading it here will look like this:

blueprint.json (12.3 KB)

2. And most importantly, Input/Output bundles

Please provide the input and output bundles of each of the modules by running the scenario (or get from the scenario History tab), then click the white speech bubble on the top-right of each module and select “Download input/output bundles”.
Screenshot_2023-10-06_141025

A.

Save each bundle contents in your text editor as a bundle.txt file, and upload it here into this discussion thread.

Uploading them here will look like this:

module-1-input-bundle.txt (12.3 KB)
module-1-output-bundle.txt (12.3 KB)

B.

If you are unable to upload files on this forum, alternatively you can paste the formatted bundles in this manner:

• Either add three backticks ``` before and after the code, like this:

```
    input/output bundle content goes here
    ```

• Or use the format code button in the editor:
    Screenshot_2023-10-02_191027

Providing the input/output bundles will allow others to replicate what is going on in the scenario even if they do not use the external service.

Following these steps will allow others to assist you here. Thanks!

2 Likes

@makingandbaking

Please try the download url of the file instead of share link.

If you require additional assistance, please don’t hesitate to reach out to us.
MSquare Support
Visit us here
Youtube Channel

2 Likes

I think Airtable needs a link from which is can download the content then upload it to the field.
Web Content Link may not work either because your Google Drive is private and Airtable wouldn’t have access to it. You may try using Web Content Link but you’d need to make your entire folder or at least that one file public to anyone with the link.

2 Likes

I tried that too, doesn’t work sadly. Then it doesn’t even create a PDF in Airtable at all.

I made all folders public (forgot to mention)

I fixed it!

Web Content Link was the right choice! Although not from the “Share Link” Module you need to use it from the “Upload a File” Module.

Thanks for your support and sorry for bothering! :pray:

4 Likes

Hi @makingandbaking welcome to the community :wave:

I just want to quickly say congrats on getting this up and running :clap:

Thank you very much for stepping back in here and letting us know what did the final trick for you. This is super valuable and could be incredibly helpful to many others :pray:

2 Likes