Error handling SMS module

I have scenarios for lead data distribution, which also sends a text to the lead. Often the lead enters a non-valid number, and the sms module fails, stopping the whole scenario.

I want to add a error handler, but I get confused by the descriptions. My logic says I should just attach “ignore”, but the description says that the subsequent module will not be processed. Is this a typo?

I just want to skip the sms module and continue the scenario.

Thank you.

Hello and Welcome to the community forms,

What you’re looking for is the “resume” module. (I used a parse json module to force an error.)

You can input a default SMS to Lead response directly from the resume module, and the rest of the automation will continue with the default data.

The Ignore error handler is confusing. The first time I saw it I thought it was supposed to “ignore” the error and continue.

Hope this helps!

3 Likes

Thank you. I have used the resume module before in other cases, and I also thought it as a solution for this.

The problem is that the sms will be sent, not to the lead, but to the number I enter in the resume module.

So first I spend money on sending a sms that should not be sent, and then I would have to choose a number that would receive a personalised voucher containing the lead’s name, so it can’t be sent anywhere.

Only number I can think of, is my own, but I really don’t want my phone to ding every time a lead enters a non-valid number.

Must be a better solution than this?

I’m not aware of how you’re using the “SMS to Lead” response downstream in your automation. If you need the response data in downstream modules, then the hardcoded data from the “resume” module will be used, if that’s not your desired behaviour, you can hardcode a “flag” in the resume module, and use a router along with filters to only send the Downstream SMS if the “flag” is not present.

2 Likes