Etsy: Watch for Updated Listings or Scenario Last Run Timestamp

I maintain my inventory that I have available in my Etsy and Ebay stores in Airtable. Since I do my listing setups and updates on platform, I want to automate a sync between Etsy and Airtable to mirror data. For new listings that seems easy but if I update the listing in platform, price or an image for example, there is no Watch module for watching for updated store listings.

Since there is a listing last modified field, I figure I could filter listings by comparing when the listing changed vs. when the scenario last ran. But I can’t find a way to query or call up that timestamp.

I’ve also looked to see if I could send out outgoing webhook on the Etsy side when a listing changed, but best I could find was the RSS feed which only updates when there is a status change.

Before Automate.io got bought, they had a Watch for changed listings trigger, but Make didn’t build one. So I figure I can kind of do the same. So my questions are: 1) Is there a Watch trigger for updated listings that I’m missing? and 2) Is there a way to get the timestamp for the last time the scenario was run so I could emulate a Watch trigger?

That’s a great idea! I’m sure others would agree that this is a nice feature to have.

You can submit this suggestion to the Idea exchange, under App improvement ideas.

Don’t forget to search for it first, just in case someone already suggested it, so that you don’t end up creating a duplicate.
Screenshot_2024-01-17_130153

In the meantime, you can try to “List” all the Etsy shop listings, and see if you can sort by modified date, and filter items by last scenario run datetime. So if your scenario runs hourly, you want to create a filter to only allow listings that have been modified in the last hour.

Screenshot_2024-02-06_181432

2 Likes