Facebook event end date

Hi there,

I am using the Facebook Groups Event Watch to retrieve events from my FB group, but the data retrieved does not include the event end date/time. Anyone knows how I can retrieve data for an individual event based on its ID os where else I can access the end date?

Thanks!
Jesús

Welcome to the Make community!

You can use Facebook Groups “List Events” module to get a list of events, then filter by event id/name.

2 Likes

Thanks Sam, but the events list does not contain the end date either. That is the piece of information I am interested in. The events watch gives me the events I need already.

Looks like the single “Get an event” isn’t implemented in Make yet then.

It clearly has a start_time and end_time fields.

I’m sure others would agree that this is a nice feature to have.

You can submit this suggestion to the Idea exchange, under App improvement ideas.

Don’t forget to search for it first, just in case someone already suggested it, so that you don’t end up creating a duplicate.
Screenshot_2024-01-17_130153

2 Likes

Thanks Sam, that’s really useful, I’ll have a look and raise the suggestion if it’s not already there.

Do you know if the API can be invoked directly within a make scenario?

It is likely possible, but I’m not familar with the Facebook API. Sorry.

If you give it a go and get stuck, just post a new question about it!

3 Likes

If there is a Make an API Call module you can invoke the Faceboko API. You can also use the HTTP call to manually create one after authentication is properly made. Look for a Make an API Call module in your Facebook app in Make.

2 Likes

Thanks Alex, I’ll explore that.

I don’t think there is a make API call for the Facebook app. Do you know how to obtain authentication ahead of calling the API manually?

Thanks!

I do not. It has to be on the api docs though.

3 Likes