Failed to login into TikTok account

I am trying to connect a TikTok account to make on the run watch TikTok video posts scenario, once i try and establish a connection to the account I receive a message telling me “Something went wrong”, “We couldn’t log in with TikTok.”.

I have already connected other account to the TikTok scenario in the past with no issues, and I am signed into the TikTok account on the same browser.

Any help would be appreciated

1 Like

I’m having the exact same problem. Hopefully it is something related to TikTok servers and gets fixed soon :pensive:

Yah honestly haven’t gotten any help on this so we just used a work around using a custom api, It works just fine but now it just adds on to the workload and usage…

Is this still working? I’m also facing this issue

Hello @here

I wanted to take a moment to quickly update you on the current situation. We have informed our development team about the issue, and they are looking into it. We will get back to you as soon as we have an update to share.

We’re very sorry for any frustration and inconvenience this may have caused.

Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. :pray:

3 Likes

I have the same problem when connecting.

"Something went wrong
“We couldn’t log in with TikTok”

Should I understand then that it is not my problem directly?

Hello @Luis, that’s right.

As mentioned above, some of our customers have reported this issue, and our development team is currently looking into it. We will make sure to keep you posted as soon as any updates become available.

We are very sorry for any inconvenience and frustration this may be causing.

Thank you very much for your patience and understanding throughout this process :pray:

1 Like

Any update? I’m having the same issue.

Same error here. Any news?

For technical issues or bugs like this, directly contacting support can often lead to a faster resolution. They have access to server-side logs, and internal tools and resources, which allows them to investigate more thoroughly than what you have access to. Additionally, sharing sensitive information about your account might not be suitable for an open forum discussion.

You can open a new ticket, or if you are unable to login for some reason, you also can reach support using the contact form on the website.

If you manage to get your issue resolved with support, we’d still love to hear about it! Sharing your solution on the forum can help others facing similar problems.

samliewrequest private consultation

Join the unofficial Make Discord server to chat with us!

Hello everyone @here

I’m very sorry for the inconvenience and frustration this has caused. Our development team is aware of the issue and is working to fix it as soon as possible.

Unfortunately, there aren’t any updates to share at the moment. As soon as I have news, I’ll make sure to share it here. If you prefer to get updates via email, please open a ticket with us, and our support team will keep you informed about any new developments.

Thank you very much for your patience and understanding throughout this process. :pray:

1 Like

Hi Michaela

I appreciate the regular updates. Just so you know we’re still waiting for this to be fixed and are looking forward to your updates daily :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hello,

I’ve the same error and already reported to technical support on April 2nd.

It seems the problem is linked to Make using the old version of the TikTok API.

When trying to establish a new TikTok connection, the url starts with :
https://www.tiktok.com/auth/authorize?

whereas with the new API version it should be :
https://www.tiktok.com/v2/auth/authorize?

In the V2 API some endpoints have also changed (eg: /video/list/ to /v2/video/list/)

Note : there is no problem with the TikTok Ads connection.

3 Likes

hey Michaela? any updates on this?

it seems like ‘pfdt’ commented a fix below

also after having worked with a bunch of tech clients I can’t see how an api update can take this long?

Is it in a queue? have they started working on this? do they know about this?

can you tell us how long it will take to fix?

if you can’t tell us how long, can you at least tell us how long it will take you to work out how long it will take? even that will be helpful

thank you!

Hello everyone @here

Our development team is actively working on resolving this issue. We’re in touch with TikTok and we are currently waiting for actions to be performed on their end.

I’ll post any updates here as soon as we have more information. As mentioned above, if you prefer to receive updates via email, please open a ticket with us, and our support team will keep you informed about any new developments.

We apologize for the inconvenience and we appreciate your understanding.

2 Likes

did you found a solution