Get the number of a row in Google Sheet

Hi,

I created a scenario which, for each payment from a Payment Link Stripe, retrieves the email address used, searches for it in a Google Sheet where each row brings together user information (last name, first name, telephone number, email address , payment status).

So I would like, for each payment, Make to search Google Sheet for the email address used in Stripe, and once the row is found, update the “Payment Status” cell from “In Progress” to “Received” .

I can find the corresponding row in Google Sheet, but the problem is that for the “Update a row” module, I am asked for the row number. However, this number is not in the output of the “Search row” module. Make is asking for a row number but can’t map it to the one found in the previous step.

Screenshot3

How can we get the number of a row in Google Sheet? I’m sure there is a very basic solution but can’t find it.
Thank you for your help,
Have a good day!
FS

Hi,
Didn’t get the time to see your answer :sweat_smile:

Hi @FS
Instead of Search Row (Advanced) get a “simple” Search Row and add a filter Email(X) Text Operator: Equal to [email from Stripe]
Where “Email(X)” is the name and letter of your email column

As an example. In this scenario, I’m using “Name” instead of email

Then add an Update a Row module, and in the Cell field, put the letter of your column followed by the Row number from the previous module (to create the cell ID)

Hope this helps :slight_smile:

2 Likes