Getting error when Copy Google Sheet saying the name already exists

I’ve set up a “Google Sheet: Copy a Sheet” to copy a template sheet into the Google Sheet file and then designate a new name.

But when I run the scenario I get the error below ( RuntimeError

400: INVALID_ARGUMENT - Invalid requests[0].updateSheetProperties: A sheet with the name “NN” already exists. Please enter another name.

However, the only sheet with that new name is the one the module is creating, so is it looping back on itself or something? It then leaves a “copy of…” sheet in there plus the correctly named sheet.

Thank you for your assistance.

@samliew and @ScottWorld any thoughts? Your support and brainpowers are much appreciated.

Try Copying a Sheet without renaming first, then Rename in a later step.

2 Likes

I tried that as well with the same error in the “rename sheet” module. I don’t understand why it outputs two different sheets when I ask it to make a copy of a sheet

Thank you for joining in btw, much appreciated

2 Likes

After much trial and error, it was the “list sheets” before the “copy sheets” that caused the problem. I instead registered the sheet id in Airtable every time a new sheet was created so that I could pick it up and use it as a control. now it works.

2 Likes

Every result (item/record) from a list/search/match module will output a bundle. To “combine” them into a single structure, you’ll need to use an aggregator of some sort.

Aggregators are modules that accumulate multiple bundles into one single bundle. An example of a commonly-used aggregator module is the Array aggregator module.

If you don’t aggregate multiple bundles, you’ll find that future modules down the line will run that many times each.

In future, please provide screenshots of your entire scenario for us to better assist you.

2 Likes

Thank you for the pointers and suggestions, I will keep that in mind for the future.

2 Likes

Hey there @Christopher_Lembke :blob_wave:

Amazing to hear that you and @samliew cracked this case! Thank you for keeping us updated.

Keep up the good work :sunflower:

1 Like