Getting started syncing Todoist with Obsidian

Hi gang

I am trying to use make.com to establish a 2-way sync between Todoist and Obsidian, such that Todoist tasks appear as plain text .md files in a particular folder in my local Obsidian vault, and vice versa.

I also want to 2-way sync the folder structure, such that Todoist’s project and subproject structure us reflected by the folder and subfolder structure inside my Obsidian vault, and vice versa.

I have looked at:

I am not currently sure how it all fits together - do I need to connect the apps first via OAuth, then connect the webhooks?

Could someone explain to me in very simple terms (assume I know nothing!) the overall workflow I need, and point me to specific links of tutorials I should follow to achieve my goal - or if I’m already looking at the right ones, could you help to contextualise what I’m looking at?

Also, if there are any common ‘gotchas’ to look out for, I’d love any heads up on these!

If this is not a clear question, or I need to provide more details, please do let me know and I’ll do my best to improve the question!

Thank you all in advance!

Mark

Hi @Mark_Rainbow,

Not sure, But does Obsidian has API support?

Since, Todoist has app in Make, You need to add Connection first, and, I believe it is a Oauth Connection between Make and Todoist, once this is done then you can reuse the connection in other Todoist module. You don’t technically need to add Todoist connection if you want to utilize Webhooks, For that you can just webhook module and then connect the generated URL in todoist(if that is possible) or else you can simply utilize inbuilt module named New Event, which will take care of the rest.

1 Like