Gmail text parser to google sheets

Hello!

I’m trying to pull specific data from each email notification that I receive, but I’m not a coder and believe that I need the text parser module.

Each email notification I receive notifies me of a new listing in my area that I need to add to my google spreadsheet. It looks like this:

The only data I need to pull is:

Address
Listing Agent

Logo Cell: 208-606-2897

102x100
COLLABORATION CENTER UPDATES
Michelle Colton
Visit Your Site

1 TOTAL UPDATES
This is the total number of listings that have been updated. This includes any new matches, price updates, status updates and more.
View 1 Updates

LISTING PREVIEW
Below are updated listings. To see all of the updates, you will need to go to your Collaboration Center.

New

Active - New

*** [4600 W Kootenai St]**
(Collaboration Center)
Boise, ID 83705
MLS # 98914113
Single Family
$374,900

Beds: 2

Baths: 1.0

Days on Market: 0
Apx SqFt: 780

Because each email that comes in will have a different/new property, I don’t think there is any other way to do this to my knowledge. Info that I need have been bolded like this: info

I’m sure this is walk in the park for someone. Thanks!

Include screenshots of

• your scenario setup (functions, mappings, variables, etc.)
  • module configurations and outputs
  • any error messages you are getting

Hi @Carter_Baker

To extract the text you need to build a Regex pattern. For experimenting with regular expressions, we recommend the regular expressions 101 website.

Once the pattern is built, use it in the Text parser module “Match Pattern”. Refer to the below link to know about Match Pattern in detail:

https://www.make.com/en/help/tools/text-parser#getting-started-with-text-parser

Also, I have tried a quick Regex pattern in Regex101 for your reference:

Regex pattern: .*to Zoom. (\d+) The code

If you require additional assistance, please don’t hesitate to reach out to us.
MSquare Support | Book Live Implementation
Visit us here
Youtube Channel

Welcome to the Make community!

For us to make a regular expression pattern for the Text Parser module, you’ll first need to get the email into a scenario so you can provide us with sample data.

This can be done by setting up a “Watch Emails” or “List/Search Emails” module, running it, and exporting the output bundle(s).

If there’s any sensitive info, feel free to change it to something fictional yet still valid by keeping the format intact.

You can click the white speech bubble on the top-right of each module and select “Download output bundles”.
Screenshot_2023-10-06_141025

A.

Save each bundle contents in your text editor as a bundle.txt file, and upload it here into this discussion thread.

Uploading them here will look like this:

module-1-output-bundle.txt (12.3 KB)

B.

If you are unable to upload files on this forum, alternatively you can paste the formatted bundles in this manner:

• Either add three backticks ``` before and after the code, like this:

```
    input/output bundle content goes here
    ```

• Or use the format code button in the editor:
    Screenshot_2023-10-02_191027

Providing the output bundles will allow others to replicate what is going on in the scenario even if they do not use the external service.

This will allow others to better assist you. Thanks!

samliewrequest private consultation

Join the Make Fans Discord server to chat with other makers!

1 Like