Google sheet with Make.com

Hello everyone,

I am currently using BigQuery linked to Google Sheets via connected sheets. Every six hours, it refreshes its data using a SQL query, exporting the results to the connected Google Sheet. New data triggers the creation of a new row, whereas existing data in the Google Sheet is simply updated with the new information.

Now, I need to send the updated data from an existing row through an API call, but there’s an issue. When using the “watch for changes” function in make.com, it only detects newly added rows, not the updates to existing rows. As a workaround, I set up a Google Apps Script with an “onChange” trigger to a make.com custom webhook module. However, this setup only detects changes to the Google Sheet’s headers when there’s an update in the values of existing rows.

My question is: How can I set up an automation that accurately detects changes in the values of existing rows in the Google Sheet when it refreshes ?

Thanks in advance for your help.

[quote=“JabirSleekFlow, post:1, topic:34615”]
I am currently using BigQuery linked to Google Sheets via connected sheets. Every six hours, it refreshes its data using a SQL query, exporting the results to the connected Google Sheet. New data triggers the creation of a new row, whereas existing data in the Google Sheet is simply updated with the new information.

Now, I need to send the updated data from an existing row through an API call, but there’s an issue. When using the “watch for changes” function in make.com, it only detects newly added rows, not the updates to existing rows. As a workaround, I set up a Google Apps Script with an “onChange” trigger to a make.com custom webhook module. However, this setup only detects changes to the Google Sheet’s headers when there’s an update in the values of existing rows.

you can add new column ‘currentDate’ and assign ‘now’ value whenever you update rows or add new ones and than laverage ‘search rows’ with filter by date to catch data. I think it’s not the only solution but mb it would work for you

2 Likes

you can add new column ‘currentDate’ and assign ‘now’ value whenever you update rows or add new ones and than laverage ‘search rows’ with filter by date to catch data. I think it’s not the only solution but mb it would work for you

2 Likes