Google Sheets insufficient authentication scope error

Hey guys,

I’m trying to create a scenario that automatically changes the name of a google sheet that I’ve created. When I run the scenario, I keep getting blocked with this error:

403: PERMISSION_DENIED - Request had insufficient authentication scopes.

I’ve tried deleting and resetting the permissions as well as switching browsers, but the error message persists. I’ve been trying to figure out how to approve make.com with the OAuth 2.0 system but I’m struggling with that. Image attached below:

Welcome to the Make community!

The main scope you need is https://www.googleapis.com/auth/drive

Please refer to Use Gmail Settings API with HTTP Make an OAuth 2.0 Request to get Signatures - #4 by samliew for instructions on how to add scopes to your GCP OAuth application consent screen.

Screenshot_2024-04-09_100447

2 Likes

Yesterday I figured out how to get the OAuth 2.0 approval and that seems to work (no longer getting denied when I try and connect the Client ID and Secret), but even after adding all the scopes from Google Drive, I’m still getting this error message. What else could it be? Which email address is making the request when make.com reaches out? Is it the email I’ve attached to the make account? I’ve set that one up as a test user for the oauth but that hasn’t worked so far.

Do any of these things cancel each other out?

After adding all the scopes from Google Drive you’ll need to go to the Connections page and re-verify/authorise again (or set up a new connection)

4 Likes