Having trouble with Google Form > Google Drive > Trello

Hi all,

I am building a scenario that is triggered when my customer fills up a Google Form. The workflow is as follows:

1. When a new google form is received, a new folder will be created in my designated google drive.
  2. A google doc containing all the info filled up in the Google form will be created and placed in the said new folder.
  3. Images uploaded in the Google Form (in one of the fields) will be uploaded to the same new Google Drive folder.
  4. A Trello card in one of the Project Board will be created and the google doc from point 2 above and the images from point 3 above will be attached.

I have trouble achieving points 3 and 4 above. My problems are as follows:

1. The Google Drive Upload A File module does not download the images attached with the Google Form.

Below is the screenshot of the upload Google Drive

1. The Trello module won’t upload (a) the said Google Doc created in the previous module; and (b) the images from the Google Form.

Screenshot 2023-07-19 at 3.40.09 PM

1. Lastly, for some reasons, I was only able to test run the entire scenario once. After that one time, everytime when I clicked “Run”, only the first module is run and then it wont proceed to the next modules. No error codes whatsoever are shown. See screenshot below.

As I’m just switching over from Zapier, do let me know if I missed anything.

Appreciate your help!

Hi :wave:t5:

I see what might be wrong with your scenario.
The “Google Drive - Upload a File” module needs binary data in the “file data” field.
You, however, map the file name into the “file data” field.

In case the Google Forms module outputs binary file data directly (it will be probably named “data”), you need to map it into Google Drive’s “file data” field instead.
In case it outputs a file URL, you might need to download the file first with the “HTTP - Get a File” module and then map its output into the Google Drive module.

I would then recommend inspecting the output of the Google Forms module to check in which format the image data is output.

Regarding the fact your scenario successfully ran only once - this was most probably caused by not having any new form submissions in the selected form. Generally, the "watch" module outputs all existing items once and then it outputs only new items (submissions). Once you create a new test submission, it will be "seen" by the watch module and output in your next scenario execution.

Cheerio

2 Likes