How can items be mapped to the initial module of the scenario?

I want to make the FB pages : watch comment module to run for multiple page and posts inside each page.

• I’m encountering an issue where I can’t seem to map a specific page within this module. Could you provide some guidance on why this might be happening?

• Additionally, within this module, I’m unsure how to map individual posts, considering it’s the initial module within the scenario.

What steps can be taken to address the issues mentioned above and arrive at a suitable solution?

For reference, I’m including the attached image of the FB module I’m discussing.

This seems like a complex scenario you’re trying to make, perhaps exporting the blueprint might help others investigate further and answer your question.

At the bottom of the scenario editor, you can click on the three dots to find the Export Blueprint menu item.

Screenshot_2023-08-24_230826

Uploading it here will look like this:

blueprint.json (119.3 KB)

2 Likes

Hi @M.Jasani

The purpose of the “Watch Comments” module is to monitor and track new comments on a specific post. To do this, you need to enable the Post Id and choose the relevant post from the dropdown menu. Afterward, save your scenario and execute the module.

It’s important to note that you can only access the data field for the next module once this module has been executed.

MSquare Support
Visit us here
Youtube Channel

2 Likes

@samliew

This is the very first module in the scenario and there are no module connected to it.
Once I can find the solution to this I will build a flow.

If I understand what you’re asking - you want to create a trigger that watches all comments on all posts (including new posts) on your page.

Well this is not possible with just that module alone since you need to select a single post (without using the “Map” toggle, unless you have the ID of the post you want from somewhere else then you can use the “Map” toggle).

You might be able to use the Make API to clone an existing scenario that does that for a single post, when a new post is created - but that means one scenario per post on your page - which does not scale well.

3 Likes

Sure, I understand that the trigger module, being the initial component of the scenario, cannot directly map items within it.
Many thanks to @Msquare_Automation and @samliew for providing your valuable solution!

But I don’t understand why does a trigger module has map option if we cannot use that functionality?

2 Likes

Good question, I think it can be used but in very limited cases (like for Enterprise users where custom variables can be set), or, the “map: true” was incorrectly added to that module for that field (for that app, which we can’t change).

3 Likes