I’m stoked to dive into this one with you!
Let’s see how @dzisner rocketed his podcast into the top 20% of the most shared podcasts on Spotify - thanks to Make!
David Zisner, CEO and founder of LeAndolini Solutions, is a true pioneer of automation and no-code in Israel. He certainly knows his stuff, and he likes to educate people through his automation-themed podcast, which streams on a bunch of platforms. And that’s what we chatted about.
At the beginning of our story, he was faced with the challenge to:
promote every episode across different channels
ensure a unique URL for each platform, so it’s clear where the traffic was coming from
make (no pun intended) sure the distribution process is as smooth as possible
easily scale across platforms with a dynamic broadcast schedule.
All this in addition to keeping the experience fresh and inviting for his listening audience.
That’s quite a task to have, right? Luckily, David is an automation wizard and can simplify all kinds of processes with a snap of a finger
Watch him talk about dreams coming true, his rich automation experience, and, of course, the solution he built to tackle these challenges.
Don’t have time to watch the full video? No worries!
Jump to any part that sounds interesting or check out the summary below
- Introductions and hellos 00:00
- David’s automation adventures 1:30
- David introduces his podcast 7:35
- The challenge 13:15
- Scenario showcase 21:14
- Benefits 34:28
- Takeaways 44:36
- Thank yous and byes 47:25
David created a comprehensive system for podcast episode distribution by using Airtable to manage episodes, and Make to handle their distribution.
The system David built with Make:
- Grabs info about the latest episode of the podcast from Airtable
- Generates a specific URL for each episode and each streaming platform to track traffic
- Shortens the URL to make it easier to share on social media
- Randomly selects copy from a library of pre-written posts to accompany the episode
- Publishes the promo post in a WhatsApp message, on a personal Facebook profile, on a professional Facebook page, and on personal and company LinkedIn pages
- Compiles a draft of an email newsletter to send to LeAndolini’s mailing list, which David prefers to distribute manually, as he has a large audience and wants to ensure the email contains all relevant information.
Word got out, and the podcast now has a passionate audience
David saves about 1.5 hours of manual work per episode
The tedious parts are eliminated, so the focus can be on creating valuable content
The podcast has made it into the top 20% of most shared podcasts on Spotify.